This post most likely contains affiliate links to things such as tours, accommodation, Amazon associates and products. This means when you use the link I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you, this helps to keep this blog going.
Last Updated on
Have you decided to take part in Veganuary? Me to! I will actually be in South East Asia (Cambodia, Laos and Thailand) for the whole of January and thought it would be a great place to find quick and easy Vegan food. Having been vegetarian for 12 years I am hoping the transition will not be too difficult.
However, I will admit I have tried Veganuary in the past before and failed. I have a very busy lifestyle alongside working night shifts, therefore I failed by not planning well. Which is why I have put together this quick and easy vegan food ideas post to continue following when I get home from Asia.
What is Veganuary?
Veganuary is a yearly campaign which supports people through a month of eating vegan food in January and based on its growth over the past few years, it is expecting 300,000 people to sign up in 2020!
The benefits of trying Veganuary and continuing a planet-based diet
- A plant-based diet can be an incredibly healthy way to live. It has been shown to reduce your risk of contracting heart disease, stroke, diabetes, and even some types of cancer. Many people also feel better in themselves too with higher energy levels and improved mood.
- One-third of all the world’s grain is fed to farm animals. That grain could instead be used to feed billions of people.
- Cattle grazing is to blame for a lot of deforestation. Almost 80% of Amazon rainforests are currently used for grazing cattle. By limiting the meat and dairy we eat, we could help reduce deforestation.
- By reducing our meat and dairy intake we could cut greenhouse gas emissions by up to 50%.
- Eating less meat could see the world’s water consumption reduce drastically. It takes approximately 2000 gallons of water to produce one pound of beef. It is thought that by eating plant-based food for one year, an individual can save up to 150,000 gallons of water.
- A plant-based diet could stop our oceans from being decimated. Scientists estimate that fish populations could completely collapse by 2050 if our current rate of fishing continues.
Quick & Easy Veganuary Meal Planning
Quick Vegan Breakfast Ideas
- Overnight oats with peanut butter, berries, chia seeds and maple syrup
How to make easy overnight oats:
- Combine 40g oats, 100 ml almond milk (or any non-dairy milk), 90ml Alpro dairy-free yoghurt (or vegan coconut yoghurt). Stir well to combine!
- Leave in an airtight container overnight in the fridge.
- In the morning, top with a scoop of PB, some chopped fruits and a drizzle of maple syrup.
- Avocado oil spread with Marmite on toast
- Porridge with figs, nuts and maple syrup
- Homemade granola with fruit and coconut yoghurt
- Vegan banana bread
- Tofu scramble
Quick Vegan Brunch ideas
- Beans on toast (vegan-friendly wholemeal bread) with harissa and chilli flakes
- Vegan full-English: hash browns, mushrooms, baked tomatoes, baked beans and toast
- Linda McCartney sausages on toast with beans
- Avocado on toast with lime, chilli, coriander, pepper
- Hummus on toast with black pepper
- Potato and veggie hash, with avocado and chilli sauce
Quick Vegan Lunch ideas
- Falafel with hummus and tahini dressing
- Coronation tofu salad sandwiches
- Soups and stews
- Moroccan quinoa stew
- Easy black bean soup
- Kale and noodle salad with chilli and ginger dressing
- BBQ tofu bacon BLT wraps
- Spinach and tomato hummus tart
- Leftovers from Dinner!
Easy Vegan Dinner Ideas
- Piri Piri potato wedges with guacamole, hummus, and vegan chilli
- Lentil and mushroom bolognese with pasta
- 5 bean chilli with harissa and quick guacamole and pita/brown rice
- Peanut and coconut curry sauce with rice and tofu
- Linda McCartney sausages and mash with vegetables
- Linda McCartney chorizo sausages with basil, veggies and pasta
- Jackfruit Burgers
- Red lentil dahl
- Pumpkin, cauliflower and chickpea korma
- Dairy-Free Mac and Cheese
- Aubergine and sweet potato Thai red curry
- Vegan burgers with chips and salad
Quick Vegan Snacks
coconut, banana and blueberry with maple syrup
peanut butter and banana, chia seeds (for extra protein)
banana, cacao, maple syrup, chia seeds
Veggies and hummus dip
Vegan Shopping list essentials for Veganuary
- Nut or Soya milk
- Various Nuts
- Kidney Beans
- ‘Mock’ Meats
- Vegan margarine / Nut Butter
- Coconut Oil
- Wholemeal Bread
- Plenty of Food and Vegetables
- Chilli Paste
- Vegetable Stock Cubes
With so many vegan options now available in the supermarkets as well as in restaurants, attempting Veganuary is easier than ever. With advanced planning of vegan meals, it also does not need to be expensive, I often find a large variety of the more expensive vegan products are reduced during January to help encourage the transition.