This post most likely contains affiliate links to things such as tours, accommodation, Amazon associates and products. This means when you use the link I may receive a small commission at no additional charge to you, this helps to keep this blog going.
Looking to make quick and easy sweet potato and feta taquitos inspired by the Mexican restaurant Wahaca? Scroll to start cooking your delicious dinner.
‘Our World Kitchen’ is something that I briefly started on here at the start of the year and then failed to continue but it is something that I get so excited about when I think of it, that I need to start it properly. Alongside all the foodie travels on here I have always wanted to post recipes, recipes inspired by our travels around the world and dishes we have loved a long the way.
DJ is an incredible chef and is very talented at presenting food, I want to share his skills and inspire more home cooking, and hopefully, actually, improve in my own cooking skills along the way. Some of the recipes will be recreations of dishes we have collected along the way and some will be meals we have developed ourselves.
The idea behind ‘Our World Kitchen’ is for travel to inspire food and food to inspire travel. First up Mexican feta and sweet potato taquitos inspired by Mexican street food restaurant Wahaca.
Prep time: 15 Minutes
Ingredients (Serves 2):
- 1 Tbsp smokey chipotle paste
- 2 Tbsp Mayonnaise
- 100g Feta cheese
- 1 Spring onion
- 1 Little gem lettuce
- 2 Tomatoes
- 400g Sweet Potato
- 1 tsp Ground coriander
- 6 White tortilla wraps
- Olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/ 200°C (fan)/ 425°F/ Gas 7
- Chop the sweet potatoes (skins on) into very small, bite-sized pieces
- Place the sweet potato on a baking tray, drizzle with vegetable oil and add the ground coriander. Season generously with salt and pepper. Put in the oven for 15 min or until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- Cut the little gem lettuce in half lengthways, and finely slice. Then, trim and slice the spring onion finely.
- Crumble the feta.
- Divide the sweet potatoes between the tortillas, covering only half, and crush down gently with a back of a spoon.
- Add most of the crumbled feta (saving a little for garnish) and roll the tortilla tightly.
- Place the wrapped taquitos in over for 8 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown.
- Meanwhile, mix the mayonnaise and chipotle paste with 2 tbsp olive oil.
- Serve the taquitos topped with the spicy sauce, lettuce, remaining feta and spring onions